It’s been a very busy few weeks here in the camp leading up to the latest single launch on 29th April and the associated launch event, followed by a headline slot at the Ocean City Jazz & Blues Festival the next day and a set at the Gin Festival the day after that.
Naturally I couldn’t have managed it all on my own so I’d like to thank everyone involved who helped – my family for all their support with the event itself Mum, Dad, Seona, Eilidh along with Bev and Danielle for getting stuck in and helping out too, much appreciated. Thanks to Jamie and Paula from The Chancel for their partnership on the catering side of the event and to their staff for their work on the night. Read More
This is the launch event of the new single from Russell Sinclair entitled “Damn Your Eyes” a track written by Steve Bogard and Barbara Wyrick and recorded over the years by many artists around the globe – the most well known of these probably being the version by Etta James. This is a completely re-recorded, mixed and mastered version of the song that appeared first in demo form on Russell’s first solo EP release entitled “Plymouth Tapes Volume 1”. That version of the song has been one of Russell’s best selling tracks to date and is an established favourite at live gigs.
The event comprises 2 main features
- Photography exhibition featuring the creative work of local creative photographer Chris Coupland. There are four different versions of the cover art for the physical single with each being limited to 50 copies and each being a limited edition print of Chris’s original work.
- The highlight of the evening is a full unplugged performance from Russell and a band formed for this event only from some of the South Wests finest musicians. The unplugged performance will include new arrangements of some of Russell’s songs especially for this band and this unplugged performance alongside some well established favourites from the Blues genre.
Doors will open at 7pm with live music commencing at 9pm. There will be a champagne reception upon arrival with a light finger buffet. Guests will be able to browse the photography exhibition and chat with Chris about his work prior to the live music performance.
There will be a fully licensed bar available throughout the evening – purchases from the bar are not included in the ticket price.
Tickets are priced at £15 for the entire event and will take the form of physical paper tickets. Upon arrival and after admission to the venue you will be able to redeem your ticket for your copy of the physical CD.
Tickets will be available from 1st April as follows:
- Direct from Russell at any live performance before the event or by messaging him directly either via the contact form on his website, via Facebook, Twitter or any of his other social media sites
- From The Chancel Wine Bar & Restaurant,2 St Andrews Street, Plymouth, PL1 2AH
Admission to the event is by ticket only and ticket numbers for this event are strictly limited because of the small size of the venue and the nature of the event.
What’s included in the ticket price?
The ticket price includes the following:
- Entry to the full event
- 1 Physical copy of the CD with limited edition artwork
- Champagne Reception before the live music
- Light finger buffet before the live music
- Entry to the photography exhibition by local creative photographer Chris Coupland
- Live unplugged musical performance from Russell and a specially formed 1-off band comprising some of Plymouths finest musicians
Additional food and a fully licensed bar will be available throughout the evening – this is not included in the ticket price.
The venue address is as follows:
Catherine Street (Behind St Andrews Church – Royal Parade )
I recently received a message out of the blue from someone I didn’t know enquiring about my music and asking if I’d be interested in doing an interview with them. I agreed and ended up having a great conversation with Matt Kacar from Pennsylvania who runs The Artist Connection Podcast. Matts podcasts cover the creative arts in the broadest sense – not just music. You can hear the interview I did with Matt in episode 280 of the podcast here:
The link to the podcast is at the foot of the page
My debut item “Bought & Sold” is available on iTunes and Spotify from 12th October 2015. This is a worldwide release. Thanks to everyone for all the fantastic support, encouragement, love and inspiration I’ve received from everyone at gigs & festivals I’ve played since the album was released.